Instructions for Completing Cash Reports Delivered to the Student Payment Center.
The following are instructions on how departments are to complete the Cash Report (Journal Entry Form #0200) before they deliver it to the Student Payment Center.
- Only cash, checks and money orders are to be taken to the Student Payment Center to be deposited.
- Limit each Cash Report to 100 checks and/or money orders.
- Deliver Cash Reports to the Student Payment Center, who will validate and return the second copy to you.
- Please retain any backup you may have with your department copy of the Cash Report, the Student Payment Center does not retain the backup.
- If you have any questions, please call 412 624-7520.
Completing the Form:
- 1. Name: Your department name.
- 2. Category: Check the Cash Receipts box.
- 3. Description/Explanation (this field is optional): Write a brief explanation of what/why you are depositing.
- 4. Date: Todayís date.
- 5. Dept. Address: Your department address.
- 6. Reference: Optional.
- 7. Cash: Fill in the total amount of cash you are depositing. Run an adding machine tape of the cash.
- 8. Check: Fill in the total amount of checks you are depositing. Run an adding machine tape of the checks. Apply the department's restrictive endorsement to back of the checks and money orders.
- 9. Total: Enter the total of cash, checks and money orders.
- 10. Bank Recon. No.: To be completed by the Student Payment Center.
- 11. Validation By: To be completed by the Student Payment Center.
- 12. Cash Received From: Will be completed upon delivery of the deposit to the Student Payment Center.
- 13. Cash Received By: Will be completed upon delivery of the deposit to the Student Payment Center.
- 14. Prepared By: Print the preparerís name and phone number.
- 15. Prepared By/sign name: Preparer must sign their name.
- 16. Authorized By: Print the authorizerís name and phone number.
- 17. Authorized By/sign name: Authorizer must sign their name.
Completing the Account Number, Amount, and Description Fields:
- 18. The first 3 fields are mandatory. Eenter:
- 2-digit Entity
- 5-digit Department
- 4-digit Subcode
Note: The Student Payment Center cannot accept the Entity segment of 05. Deliver cash, checks, and money orders affecting Entity 05 accounts to the Sponsored Project Accounting Department in the Cathedral of Learning.
- 19. The remaining account number fields are optional depending on your department or deposit.
These fields will default to zeros if not completed. If applicable, enter:
- 5-digit Purpose
- 6-digit Project Ė only applies to entity 05 accounts, so this should be blank or all zeros.
- 5-digit Reference - to be used at the departmentís discretion; can only be numeric (no alpha or special characters)
- Future-Do not use at this time.
- 20. Debit: Fill in GPN (General PNC Account) for the account number.
- 21. Debit Column: Enter the total amount of the deposit. This is usually the last line entered on the Cash Report.
- 22. Credit Column: Enter the total amount for each account number.
- 23. Description: Whatever description you enter here will appear as the transaction description on the monthly Level Reports. The default is the description entered in #3.