PantherExpress System - Supplier Verification
Establishing a new supplier or service provider in the PantherExpress System
If you have determined that you need to establish a new supplier to the PantherExpress System, please follow the applicable set of instructions (1 or 2) shown below.
The turnaround time for a "clean" (i.e. complete, accurate, and legible) Supplier Verification Form is 24 hours. However, if there are questions about the Supplier Verification form or if information is missing, it can take longer for activation to occur.
Note: Instructions for establishing a supplier vary depending upon which type of purchase you are making and whether the supplier will accept a check in U.S. dollars.*
1. Only a W9 is needed to establish a supplier for the following forms:
- Conference & Event Specialty Form
- Research Subcontract/Contracted Services Agreement Specialty Form
- Dues, Professional Memberships, Registrations, and Subscriptions Specialty Form
- Other Payment Request Specialty Form
Establish a supplier by selecting "New Supplier" from the Specialty Form's supplier drop-down menu in Part A. Then (in addition to completing all pertinent fields for "New Supplier") attach a W9 in the "attachments" section. The W9 is used to establish the new supplier in the system.
2. A Supplier Verification Form and a W9 are needed for the following forms:
- Professional Services Agreement Specialty Form
- Supplier Provided Agreement Specialty Form
- Standard Form
Establish a supplier by selecting "New Supplier" from the Specialty Form's supplier drop-down menu in Part A. Then (in addition to completing all pertinent fields for "New Supplier") attach a completed Supplier Verification Form and a W9 in the "attachments" section in order to establish the new supplier in the PantherExpress System.
*Only suppliers that accept checks in U.S. dollars may be established (i.e. added to) the PantherExpress System. All purchase orders and payments to suppliers that require wire transfers or checks in foreign currencies must be processed through PRISM.
Updating or adding site to existing supplier:
- For a new supplier or for the addition of a first purchasing site (where the supplier has only been paid on disbursements) to any existing supplier not already in PantherExpress, a full Supplier Verification Form (and IRS W-9 or W-8 series form) is required.
- For all other additional purchasing sites, only a W-9 or W-8 series form is required.
- If the address has changed or is missing, please fax or scan a new W9 to Payment Processing at 412-648-0357 or you can email a copy of the new W9 to Payment Processing.