Deliveries during the G20 Summit in Pittsburgh
DELIVERIES DURING THE G-20 SUMMIT IN PITTSBURGH
September 24 and 25, 2009
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING WHEN PLACING ORDERS FOR DELIVERY THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 21, 2009:
- When placing an order with a requested delivery date of September 24 or 25, 2009, please remember that access to University buildings’ receiving docks and offices in Oakland and other parts of the City of Pittsburgh may be affected by events connected to the G-20 Summit.
- If you have an outstanding purchase order, you may wish to obtain a delivery date from your supplier. If that delivery is to occur on September 24 or 25, 2009, you should consider making arrangements with the supplier for a delivery earlier in the week of September 21, 2009 or possibly the following week. If you must receive your delivery on September 24 or 25, 2009, you should arrange for a pre-determined receiving point and provide the supplier with a phone number to contact you.
- The Supplier Management Department has notified the University’s contracted suppliers regarding the possible difficulties in making deliveries on September 24 or 25, 2009 and that the companies may be contacted by University departments requesting a delivery date change.
- Please note that some suppliers may charge you a re-delivery fee or in the case of certain items (for example, perishable items, items purchased from ATCC and those that must be shipped on dry ice) the full cost of the item(s) even though it was undeliverable. Thus, please consider coordinating such deliveries.
- Finally, if you have any further questions please call the Purchasing Services and Supplier Management Departments at 412-624-6648 or submit an on-line inquiry at www.bc.pitt.edu/purchasing/inquiries.html.