Valley National Gases
Message to University Community:
On July 1, 2006, University Supplier Management and Valley National Gases, Incorporated (VNG), entered into a new agreement for industrial, medical and specialty gases. Highlights of the new agreement are as follows:
The new agreement includes substantial reductions in gas cylinder pricing that will remain firm for an initial contract period of three years commencing July 1, 2006 through June 30, 2009.
- VNG will continue to offer single line item billing with no demurrage or rental charges through a catalog available on the Internet Procurement System.
- VNG will continue to offer desktop, same-day and emergency delivery with no delivery charges.
- The new agreement ensures continuity of supply from gas fill sites located in West Mifflin and Greensburg, PA, and the commitment of assets needed for daily cylinder deliveries and service.
- VNG will continue the highly successful Cylinder Management Program implemented under the prior gas cylinder agreement for the delivery, tracking and replacement of gas cylinders while providing expert assistance to the University’s end user community in meeting all cylinder needs.
- VNG will maintain all cylinder related customer services implemented under the prior gas cylinder agreement.
Supplier Management extends its appreciation to all department representatives who participated in the Product Advisory Group and assisted in developing and finalizing this new agreement with VNG.
In mid-July 2006, VNG began notifying the end user community of the schedule for a beginning cylinder inventory/ audit to be conducted under the new agreement. Supplier Management urges all end users to fully cooperate with VNG in the scheduling of this initial cylinder audit.
Questions regarding the new gas cylinder agreement can be referred to Mike Durica