Printer Toner Scam
Panther Express – Purchasing Services has received reports indicating that companies are calling University departments regarding toner as part of a scam. The most recent calls come from a company called Supply Services, Inc. The caller may present themselves as a representative of another department with toner they cannot use, or they may just ask for the make and model of your printer.
Please remember, all office supplies purchases should be made through the Supra punchout in PantherExpress System. Toner for Ricoh copiers should be obtained through Ricoh USA, Inc. under the University’s cost-per-copy agreement.
To protect your department:
- Do not authorize any shipment of supplies from a caller soliciting business over the phone.
- Never send your P-Card number by email.
- Never give your P-Card number over the phone unless you’ve initiated the call.
- Do not give any information about your office equipment to unfamiliar suppliers.
- If someone calls you about the "renewal of a previous order," ask them for the original purchase order number. If they produce a purchase order number, investigate the validity of the number by confirming in the PantherExpress System or by contacting PantherExpress Customer Service.
Contact PantherExpress Customer Service for assistance, if you
- Receive an invoice in the mail for an order you did not place or
- If you receive a shipment of supplies which were never ordered.
Please contact PantherExpress Customer Service by submitting an inquiry or by phone 412-624-3578 for assistance or with any questions regarding this matter.