UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH FORM INSTRUCTION GUIDE
FORM NUMBER: FORM 0020
FORM TITLE: Course Inventory Abstract
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 10, 1988
PAGE (S): 1
Enter the following fields on all forms:
1. Type of Action (adding new course, changing existing course).
2. Subject/Discipline/Program from DED Table 18170.
3. Course Number. (See Policy 02-01-02, Course Structure.)
4. Term of Implementation from DED Table 18156.
5. Full Course Title.
6. Use the following guidelines when completing the abstract field:
a. The abstract is limited to no more than ten 60-character lines.
b. The character set is limited to the Roman alphabet and standard punctuation.
c. Each line should end with a complete or hyphenated word.
d. Complete the abstract exactly as you wish it to appear. That is, include spaces and
e. Centering, bolding, underlining, and italics are not supported.
f. Single and Double quotation marks, if appropriate, may serve as an alternate to
underlining, bolding or italicizing.
g. The use of diacritics is not permitted since they appear over alphabetical characters.
h. The use of scientific symbols or mathematical symbols, with the exception of -, +, =, <,
>, parentheses, brackets and braces, cannot be used.
7. Print responsibility center representative/preparers name, and University extension.
8. Department chairman/dean signature required with date.
9. Dean/campus president signature required with date.