UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH POLICY 09-04-12
CATEGORY: STUDENT AFFAIRS
SECTION: Registration and Records
SUBJECT: Non-University of Pittsburgh Degree Notification
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 23, 1991
This policy establishes the conditions under which non-University of Pittsburgh
degrees are posted to the official University of Pittsburgh transcript.
Degrees awarded at other institutions are posted to the University of Pittsburgh
transcript only under the following conditions:
- The academic dean is in possession of an official transcript bearing the seal and
signature of the registrar of the institution that awarded the degree
- The degree, as originally awarded, contains the English word "bachelor,"
"master," or "doctor" in the title
Only the registrar at the campus, upon receipt of a Prior Degree Notification form
certified by the appropriate academic dean, is authorized to post the degree to the
University of Pittsburgh transcript.
The following degrees are not acceptable for posting:
- Degree titles translated into English
- Degree titles in foreign languages
- Awards entitled "associate," "certificate," "specialist," "license" or "licentiate"
Procedure 09-04-12, Non-University of Pittsburgh Degree Notification