The University’s Purchasing Organization operates under the Associate Vice Chancellor for Financial Operations. Our mission is to:
- obtain the overall best value for purchases of goods and services University-wide;
- provide efficient, effective purchasing processes;
- assist departments in complying with federal, state and local laws;
- implement a system of sound internal controls, and monitor compliance;
- increase the purchase of products with a reduced or minimal environmental impact as compared to other similar products or services that serve the same purpose;
- provide opportunities for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE’s), and;
- provide excellent customer service to the University community.
The Purchasing Organization is comprised of two areas, Purchasing Services and Strategic Sourcing & PantherBuy Solutions. Purchasing Services analyzes departmental spending patterns to identify opportunities for savings and assists departments with specialized or complex purchases. Strategic Sourcing & PantherBuy Solutions writes University-wide contracts for commonly used goods and services based on a rigorous negotiation process and evaluations of price, service, delivery, quality and business management, monitors contracted supplier performance, and develops opportunities for minority and women-owned suppliers to do business with the University.