Supplier Evaluation Program
The Purchasing Department is pleased to announce the implementation
of The University of Pittsburgh Supplier Evaluation Program. The
purpose of the program is to obtain and summarize supplier performance
from the University community, measure supplier performance, verify
contract compliance, communicate the information to the supplier, and take
corrective action when necessary. Although the program’s focus is
to improve the performance of the University’s contracted suppliers,
we will also collect information regarding the performance of non-contract
suppliers in order to maintain a history of their performance. The
program will evaluate the following supplier performance areas:
Service: Responsiveness, timely resolution of issues, and
- Delivery: On-time delivery, delivery accuracy/verification, contract
compliance with packaging/shipping/transportation requirements,
and the ability to efficiently manage rush orders.
- Quality Control: Return processing, order accuracy, order completeness,
order inspection, and inventory management
- Price: Compliance with contract pricing and overall pricing competitiveness
- Integration: Supplier’s efforts to fully
integrate with the policies, procedures and initiatives of the
University of Pittsburgh.
When should you provide this feedback?
- To communicate poor performance. Examples:
- Late deliveries
- Poor customer service.
- Damaged/defective goods.
- Incorrect or missing goods.
- To communicate outstanding performance.
- Consistent on-time, accurate deliveries.
- Professional account representatives and customer service.
- Timely resolution of issues.
Why should you provide this feedback?
drive suppliers to continuously improve their processes and procedures.
- To reduce the cost of poor supplier performance.
All feedback will be communicated to suppliers on
a continuous basis so they can apply immediate corrective actions.
Additionally, for contracted
suppliers, the feedback will be tracked on a quarterly basis and
used to create a scorecard which measures the supplier’s overall
performance. The scorecard will rate the supplier in each of the
above performance areas.
If performance is below the minimum acceptable score, the supplier
will be required to complete and submit a corrective action plan
to the Purchasing
Department. Continued poor performance will result in formal supplier
reviews and potential loss of contracted supplier status.
To provide supplier feedback:
Go to the Purchasing Web Site at the following
A Supplier (http://www.bc.pitt.edu/purchasing/evalsupp.html)
- Complete the supplier evaluation feedback form. Detailed instructions
are provided on the form. Please ensure your comments are as
specific as possible.
- If you would like a member of Purchasing to contact you regarding
your feedback, please check the appropriate box on the form.
You will be contacted within 24 hours
- Submit your form
- The information will be sent to the Purchasing
Department and used to rate the supplier’s performance.
If you have any questions or feedback on this
process, please submit a purchasing inquiry at the following link:
http://www.bc.pitt.edu/purchasing/inquiries.html. Select “Other”.
The Purchasing Department thanks you in advance
for your participation in this process. Your feedback is vital
to continuously improving the performance
of the University’s contracted suppliers.