Accident Reporting & Claims - Automobile (U. owned/leased)
Accident Reporting (Including Vandalism)
Any and all accidents or incidents involving University drivers must be:
In the event an accident involves injury or death of any person, or
damage to any vehicle involved to the extent it cannot be driven:
- Immediately give notice to the nearest Police Department.
Take photos, whenever possible, to preserve
Submit the Vehicle
Accident Report Form as follows:
- University Fleet Services (Oakland) vehicles:
- Fax to Fleet Services at
412-624-1420. (Fleet Services will forward accident report to Risk Management
- Vehicles that are not managed through Oakland Fleet Services should submit directly to the Office of Risk Management, AutoClaims@cfo.pitt.edu. Those include:
- Wheels of Support/Courtesy vehicles
- Rental Car Agency
- Notify rental
leasing agency immediately with details of the accident/incident.
- Forward any
subsequent correspondence received from leasing agency to
the Office of Risk Management, AutoClaims@cfo.pitt.edu, immediately.
- Regional Campuses - must also report accidents as outlined to the Regional Campus