- About Us
- Chief of Staff and Executive Operations
- Controller's Office
- Financial Operations
- Risk Management
- Office of the Treasurer
- Office of Finance
- Strategic Planning and Performance
- Tax Department
Strategic Planning and Performance
Strategic Planning and Performance (SPP) is responsible for partnering with the University's leadership and stakeholders to drive University-wide strategic planning, performance measurement, and project management efforts.
Key initiatives include:
- Develop and support the university’s strategic plan, the Plan for Pitt. The most current five-year plan was released in September 2021, and the SPP team offers guidance and support for development of metrics and implementation of major initiatives that advance the strategy. Additionally, the team manages the Pitt Seed annual internal grant program that provides funding for faculty and staff to initiate transformative projects that support one or more of the objectives in the Pitt strategic plan.
- Develop the internal University annual report, a comprehensive review of the major accomplishments of the University’s administrative units and schools that advance the Plan for Pitt. Additionally, the team provides support for the development and production of the University of Pittsburgh’s external annual reports to the University’s Board of Trustees and the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In support of these efforts, the SPP team created and manages the internal Pitt Performance Dashboard that provides updated annual data on key University-wide metrics that track strategic and operational progress. This data is used by units for internal and external reporting on key university measures of progress.
- Manage the University’s enterprise portfolio and project management office. The Pitt PPMO developed and socializes the university’s project management methodology. It provides consultative services, project management support, direct management of complex strategic projects, and training in project management practices. The Pitt PPMO established an internal SharePoint site for all University members that provides access to tools, templates, and guidance to help strengthen project management practices.