Off Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Search CFO Search

Leaving the University

University departments are responsible for notifying Financial Records Services anytime a Principal Investigator (PI) is relocating to another institution and is taking capital equipment as part of the relocation. An Asset Retirement Form is required to retire capital assets when they leave the University through a PI Transfer, or any other removal to another institution or location.

In order to comply with Federal and State export regulations, particularly Export Administration Regulations (EARs) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITARs), all PI Transfers must be approved by the Office of Research. If a fabricated asset is the purpose of a research project, a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) must be obtained from the Office of Technology Management prior to the item going overseas. For assets not related to research relocating overseas, please contact the Office of General Counsel.