Accident Reporting & Claims - Liability
Allegation that the University has caused harm to person/non-employee or property/non-auto.
For bodily injury or property damage incidents involving
any non-employee of the University that occurs on University property:
- Report immediately to the Campus Police at 412-624-2121.
- Advise Facilities Management and Environmental Health &
Safety immediately of any unsafe conditions or
- Obtain as much information as possible about the incident:
- Who, When,
Where, Why & How.
- Complete, if appropriate, this EH&S
Accident/Incident Report Form.
- Preserve any physical evidence that is allegedly connected with an injury or
potential claim until otherwise directed by Risk Management. Example: Personal
injury due to a broken chair...save the chair!
- Take photos, whenever possible, to preserve
- Provide this information to Risk Management as soon as practical.
Risk Management will evaluate the claim in conjunction with any insurance or
self-insurance reporting criteria.
Do not offer to pay individual(s) for any reason, including medical
co-pays. This decision must be made through Risk Management and/or claim
adjusting personnel. The Department contact will be included in the
investigation and subsequent status updates as appropriate.