- About Us
- Chief of Staff and Executive Operations
- Controller's Office
- Financial Operations
- Risk Management
- Office of the Treasurer
- Office of Finance
- Strategic Planning and Performance
- Tax Department
SVC/CFO Strategic Plan
In support of the University’s mission, the SVC/CFO’s office developed a five-year strategic plan in 2020. The plan seeks to define the mission, guiding principles, key objectives, and opportunities for the Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer (SVC/CFO). The Office of the SVC/CFO is committed to furthering the University’s strategic plan – the Plan for Pitt.
The plan was refreshed in the fall of 2022 to reflect progress that has been made against the original objectives as well the evolving needs of the University and CFO staff members.
The Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer (SVC/CFO) ensures resources are leveraged strategically, effectively, and efficiently in support of the University’s mission by providing exceptional expertise, enabling collaborative stewardship of financial resources, and building lasting partnerships across Pitt.
- The staff within the SVC/CFO’s office strive to embrace the University’s core values, including excellence, integrity, collaboration, diversity, and agility by:
- Developing collaborative partnerships with University stakeholders to address issues and solve problems.
- Consulting with our stakeholders and including them in making decisions that affect their business processes and systems.
- Working continuously to improve current processes, tools, and policies in service to our stakeholders.
- Fostering a culture of strategy and performance-driven planning and budgeting.
- Promoting a long-range view of priorities and resource needs to achieve the strategic goals and objectives contained in the Plan for Pitt.
- Encouraging transparency and providing clear and effective communications internally and externally.
- Reviewing progress towards our strategic objectives on a regular basis and making adjustments to reflect priorities.
Drive collaborative strategic planning at the University that incorporates an enterprise risk management framework.
Optimize and align University resources with strategic priorities and values.
Champion a customer-first relationship with the University’s RCs.
Attract, retain, and develop the top talent to maintain a diverse and engaged workforce.